Thursday 5th of March – 5:30PM – 9:00PM
Farmers & Fletchers in the City, 3 Cloth St, London, EC1A 7LD
Biodiversity loss, natural and human-made environmental disasters and climate change are among the top global risks facing our society, economy and financial system today. Investors are exposed to financial risk as a result of biodiversity loss and environmental disasters across various sectors and asset classes.
Spatial finance is the integration of geospatial data, earth observation and analysis into financial decision making. This event will explore how spatial finance solutions can be leveraged and scaled for the financial sector to better manage environmental risks and help protect biodiversity.
Join us if you are a business, organisation or researcher in the finance or geospatial sectors interested in implementing or developing spatial finance research, products and services to address environmental and biodiversity issues. You will hear from a panel of financial and geospatial sector representatives about:
- Relevance of biodiversity and nature-related issues within investment decision making;
- Spatial finance approaches to address biodiversity-related financial risks and impacts;
- Information and implementation gaps to scale up spatial finance solutions that will allow the financial sector to act now.
5.30PM – 5.45PM: Registrations
5.45PM – 5.50PM: Welcome and introduction by Spatial Finance Initiative
5.50PM – 7:30M: Panel discussion – How do we scale up spatial finance solutions to address the biodiversity crisis?
- Giulia Guidi & Olivia White, Independent ESG Expert
- Mike Hugman, Investec Asset Management
- David Patterson, WWF UK
- Edward Pollard, The Biodiversity Consultancy
- Luba Protopopova, Reprisk
7.30PM – 9.00PM: Drinks and canapes
This third Spatial Finance Connect event will be held on Thursday 5th of March from 5:30PM – 9:00PM at Farmers & Fletchers in the City, 3 Cloth St, London EC1A 7LD. The event is organised by the Spatial Finance Initiative in collaboration with WWF UK’s Sustainable Finance and Conservation Intelligence teams.
To find out more about the day and to secure your place, please register below.